Outreach is an important community service we provide at CABVI. Company representatives speak to a variety of community organizations throughout Central New York or make presentations to seniors groups or fraternal clubs throughout our service area.
We like telling you the CABVI story.
A member of our organization, will come to your business, home, or community venue, free of charge, and explain how the vision rehabilitation process works. We demonstrate how our agency can help you with the challenges you maybe facing due to vision loss. It is CABVI’s mission to assist people who are blind or visually impaired in Central New York to achieve their highest levels of independence and continue to live healthy, successful lives.
Sight Shoppe on the Move
As part of CABVI’s public education effort in Central New York, we provide products that become useful tools on the journey to maintaining your independence. With Sight Shoppe on the Move a member of our highly skilled, professional staff will demonstrate the use of technologically advanced adaptive equipment… and some equipment that’s very low tech but meets your needs.
There are many useful tools available for purchase in Central New York, some of which include:
- Liquid level identifiers that can help determine when your glass is full
- Wooden toaster tongs, which help you get hot items out of the toaster
- Talking watches with large print faces
- Large print bingo cards and playing cards for your recreational needs
- Needle threaders, that, well, help you thread a needle!
For more information please call Carrie Lo Galbo, Communication and Public Relations Supervisor at (315) 797-2233 or email email@example.com.
Other CABVI services in Central New York for people who are blind & visually impaired include:
- How to Access Services?
- Low Vision Care
- Vision Rehabilitation Therapy
- Orientation & Mobility
- Adjusting to Vision Loss
- Children’s Services
- Pre-School Vision Screenings
- Technology Services
- Products for People Who Are Visually Impaired
- Visual Impairment Aids
- Free Services for People Who Are Blind
- Reading Service for People Who Are Blind
The following are some of the areas we serve in Central New York:
Herkimer, New York