CABVI’s social workers provide emotional support for anyone who needs to adjust to their vision loss. They teach self-advocacy, promote successful adjustment to vision loss, help you understand vision loss at different stages of life, and present evidence-based coping methods. Losing your vision is a very stressful situation to cope with, but CABVI’s social workers will listen and work on a plan that best fits your needs.
- Complete social/emotional assessments
- Develop programs to promote positive emotional growth
- Provide you with information, support, and the skills to get back on track
- Provide individual or group counseling
- Work with you every step of the way to address your stress related to your vision loss
- Offer support groups to help boost confidence
- Educate you on self-advocacy and identify positive ways to deal with common stressors
CABVI’s social workers know the proper methods to help you deal with your vision loss because they are visually impaired as well. With over 20 years of combined experience in the field, they are well equipped to handle your needs.