CABVI is seeking a Payroll Clerk to assist with all aspects of processing payroll and maintaining records for all divisions of CABVI.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Assists with entering payroll information into ADP including PreVoc Training Center, DMV and Albany VA timecards, and Albany VA time off.
- Assists with completing payroll maintenance including rate changes, direct deposit setup and/or changes, address changes, and new hire/rehire setup.
- Processes and distributes (sorts, mails, hands out) biweekly paychecks/statements.
- Distributes memos/flyers as needed.
- Organizes and maintains payroll records including timesheets and pay rate change requests.
- Assists with performing weekly timecard audits.
- Edits check distribution list as needed.
- Provides answers to payroll questions and information for requests in a timely manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of payroll information.
- Understands federal, state, and local regulations, industry standards, and CABVI policies, and monitors their application to ensure compliance.
- Assists with maintaining and updating payroll procedures.
- Adapts to change and completes other duties as assigned.
- Consistently achieves annual performance objectives.
Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret general periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures. Must have ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, consumers, CABVI employees, and the general public. Must have excellent listening skills.
Requires expertise with databases, Excel, Microsoft Word and computerized payroll. Requires statistical and mathematical skills and thorough knowledge of state and federal payroll and employment regulations.
Must have ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in statistical form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
80% of job requires sitting and using hands at computer terminal. Frequently required to talk and hear. Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop or kneel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform key job elements.
In-house position with minimal travel. Occasionally requires additional hours worked beyond normal work schedule or on weekends. Noise level is moderate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two-year degree in accounting, business or Human Resources preferred. Experience with payroll and ADP preferred.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne