CABVI is seeking a Sewing Machine Operator to safely operate sewing machines to join parts of fabricated articles or garments. This position will arrange patterns as well as mark identifying numbers,assembly guidelines, and complete outlines of patterns on lay of cloth.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Activates and adjusts sewing machine controls to regulate stitching speed and length,dimensions of gathers and tucks and material or thread tension.
- Measures parts of sample products, drawings, patterns or written or verbal instructions to determine the amount of fabric required to produce desired product.
- Places spool of thread on spindle of machine and draws thread through machine guides, tensions and eye of needle.
- Presses knee lever, depresses pedal or moves hand lever to raise presser foot.
- Guides parts under needle using finger and hands and following edges, seams, and guides on machines.
- Observes stitching to detect defects and notifies supervisor of repair needs when defects are caused by machine malfunction.
Must have ability to operate a sewing machine.
Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds. Must have fairly reasonable dexterity and theability to sit eight hours per day with minimal opportunity to stand, walk,etc. Must have the ability to operatefoot and knee controls associated with sewing machines.
In house position. Noise level is moderate to loud.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent. Previous training or sewing experience helpful but not required.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne