CABVI is seeking a Full-time Purchasing Clerk to perform a variety of tasks relating to the ordering of goods and supplies for CABVI. This position will also ensure that purchase orders arrive on schedule and meet the purchaser’s specifications as well as have the ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential purchasing actions and chooses the most appropriate one.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Compiles requests for materials.
- Prepare and/or edit purchase orders from various departments.
- Ensure accurate material receipt by performing regular follow-up on open orders as per agreed terms.
- Develop bid specifications by researching and writing RFPs (Request for Proposal).
- Maintain records, reports, and logs necessary to document and summarize purchasing activities, trends, and actions required for the Purchasing Department.
- Coordinate customer returns and/or vendor returns with all departments.
- Place orders with suppliers or vendors while ensuring that documentation is in order with terms and conditions being clear.
- Research ways to reduce Agency costs by investigating new suppliers on a regular basis.
- Adapts to change and completes other duties as assigned.
Maintain good written and verbal communication skills to deal with people internal to CABVI, as well as with suppliers, shipping agents, other companies and vendors.
Must have good mathematical skills. Must have good typing and data entry skills. Must be familiar working with databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key job elements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree or equivalent with at least one year of related experience. Computer competency required.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne