CABVI is seeking a Product Manager. The Product Manager will develop, plan and organize product line from concept through product cycle to include but not limited to product specifications, pricing, labor, marketing, sales, deletion and addition to achieve maximize job creation and profitability.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Determine customer needs and desired products/product specifications to obtain product line growth and market share.
- Bring new products to market by analyzing value added labor opportunities, product material costs, anticipated customer sales channels and volumes, competitive pricing.
- Develop applicable documents for product addition, price changes, product changes, etc. for Preferred Source and AbilityOne set-aside programs.
- Closely interacts with various departments to quickly resolve product issues.
- Act as internal product expert to address any technical product support needed.
- Conduct internal product implementation meetings and product training.
- Work with appropriate personnel both internal and external to develop product marketing strategies and sales efforts, including making sales calls to current and potential customers with or without associated sales staff including – NYSPSP, NIB, vendor partners and CABVI members.
- Provide short term and long term product line development plans to senior management.
- Conduct annual product evaluations and provide recommendations for product/packaging changes, product elimination, etc.
- Ensure all products within product line fulfills ISO standards and policies.
- Adapt to change and completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Consistently achieves annual performance objectives.
Must be able to get along well and build relationships with a variety of personality types in a variety of positions. Must be skillful in presenting information and responding to questions from a wide variety of constituencies including vendors and customers. Must write effective objectives, proposals, plans, reports and general correspondence. Must have excellent listening skills and the ability to clearly articulate in all situations.
Must be knowledgeable regarding databases and spreadsheets and have excellent mathematical skills and ability to interpret specifications. Must understand laws and regulations of state and federal agencies including JWOD and state use programs.
Regularly required to stand and walk. Regularly required to sit for periods of time at computer terminal. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel or crawl. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. Frequently required to speak and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key job elements.
In house position with occasional travel. Noise level is moderate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
B.A. degree or equivalent combination of education and at least two years of related experience. Computer competency required.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne