CABVI is seeking a part-time Adaptive Sports and Recreation Assistant to provide support to Rehabilitation Department Adaptive Sports and Recreation team members.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Work with ASR/Rehab Staff to support and instruct both adults and children involved in programming.
- Research and seek out adaptations for those with visual impairments to participate in a variety of sports and recreation, seeks out opportunities not previously offered.
- Develop and conduct personal training and functional fitness sessions to improve consumer performance and to reduce sport injuries; focus on strength, coordination, flexibility, endurance.
- Perform follow up with children who attended Camp Abilities; works with families, school districts and community groups to ensure skills acquired at camp are transitioned to other sports and recreation opportunities.
- Work with VP of Rehab to educate others about programs offered completing community presentations, seeking volunteers as needed and coordinating volunteer needs with the Director of Community Relations.
- Involved in consumer outreach and recruitment, to secure full program engagement and maximum participation.
- Obtain program supplies, develops program specifics, secures mailing lists and works with PR in flyer development to ensure all details are in place for program execution
- Adapts to change and completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
General computer skills. Must have good knowledge regarding adaptive equipment and low vision aids.
Frequently required to speak and hear. Regularly required to stand and walk. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the key job elements.
Extensive travel required. Instruction may occur in a variety of environments including home or school, CABVI, and the community. Noise level is moderate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
College students enrolled in bachelor, master or
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne