CABVI is seeking an Office Assistant. The Office Assistant will be responsible for assisting with accounts payable processes and other Business Office processes and assist other departments as needed.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Date stamp and highlight invoices/statements and give to Accounts Payable Specialist.
- Print receivers for CI purchase orders daily.
- Match receivers with purchase orders and other appropriate backup.
- Maintain receivers and PO’s in appropriate files.
- Enter assigned invoices into appropriate software.
- Assist with weekly AP check run by attaching backup information to checks.
- Close PO’s after checks are approved and mailed.
- File payment information after all processing is completed.
- Maintain freight payment spreadsheets.
- Call in payment of FedEx invoices.
- Open up daily checks received. Sort, code and key into spreadsheet for entry into appropriate software.
- Assist with Low Vision consumer set up and billing.
- Maintain bus passes for employees.
- Complete credit card transactions for bus pass sales, employee purchases, etc. as needed.
- Perform general clerical and accounting duties to include but not limited to filing, faxing, mailing, and photocopying.
- Provide coverage for other business office staff when necessary.
Must have excellent listening skills and ability to effectively respond to a variety of office demands. Must have ability to communicate with other staff. Must have excellent listening skills.
Must have good mathematical skills. Must have good adding machine typing and data entry skills. Should be knowledgeable in Microsoft Word and Excel.
90% of job requires sitting and performing clerical duties. Occasionally required to stand, walk and hear. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and stoop or kneel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key job elements.
In-house position. Noise level is moderate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required. Accounting or business office experience required.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne