This position is responsible for the safe operation of multiple manufacturing machines with varying degrees of complexity. Machines include: Sewing Machine, File Folder Machine, Paper Wipe Machine, Filling Machines, Garbage Bag Machine, and Rubber Band Machine.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Responsible for set up and pre-running of the equipment to ensure proper production startup
- Load product onto/into machine and removes finished product off machine for repackaging.
- Adjust machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
- Safely operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops.
- Ensure that assigned machines and equipment are working properly to maximize product quality and operational efficiency. Troubleshoot machines and effectively explain repairs needed to maintenance department.
- Review preventive maintenance with Maintenance Manager.
- Responsible to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, goals and other standards of conduct.
- Assist in general production work, as needed.
- Cleans up area after machine use.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Must be knowledgeable of safety regulations. Must be mechanically inclined.
Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must be physically able to operate machines (possesses manual dexterity, ability to key repetitively using both hands and arms, and possesses the capability to work under the given conditions). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key job elements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Prior experience working on a manufacturing machine required. Must have proven experience of a strong mechanical background.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne