Under the direction of the Building Facilities Manager, the Facilities Supervisor will maintain the CABVI buildings, grounds, machinery, and vehicles. This position will supervise and train a team of maintenance workers.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Planning and communication of the daily work schedule for the facilities/maintenance department to ensure the highest level of productivity.
- Assist in ensuring building codes and regulations are met, including maintaining proper documentation. Administrative duties may include daily/weekly/monthly reports.
- Responsible for the supervision and monitoring of all aspects of facilities maintenance, custodial and grounds to include the use of maintenance supplies used on CABVI properties and inventory levels.
- Supervise the maintenance of tools and equipment, maintains records for transportation (maintenance and use), and assigns the necessary maintenance of vehicles, as needed.
- Responsible for inspecting and maintaining building systems, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, safety, and waste management. Assist with tracking facilities service requests and ensuring requests are completed within established timelines and quality standards. Schedules and ensures completion of preventative maintenance, as needed.
- Assist with scheduled and unscheduled repairs as needed or required to maintain daily operations.
- Assist with preparation and set up for events.
- Conduct safety inspections, as scheduled.
- Adapts workstations to enable blind employees to perform jobs more effectively.
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Must be skillful in presenting information and responding to questions from vendors, customers and Central Industry employees. Must have effective leadership skills. Must have good listening skills and ability to effectively communicate during difficult situations.
Must have good plumbing, carpentry, electrical and HVAC skills. Must be knowledgeable regarding OSHA regulations. Must have strong computer skills.
Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and climb. Frequently required to speak and hear. Regularly must lift up to 100 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key job elements.
In house position with travel as needed to. Noise level is moderate to loud. Must be available for weekend or evening work during non-standard hours dependent upon shared security responsibilities and deadlines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of three to five years’ experience and responsibility in the maintenance field. No less than two years’ experience in a supervisory capacity within a maintenance department. Certification license in trade specialty area preferred. Must have a valid NYS DMV driver’s license.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne