The E-Commerce Sales and Business Development Associate will be responsible for identifying, growing, and maintaining customers and sales utilizing CABVI’s e-Commerce site that will sell primarily office supplies to commercial, non-profit, municipal, and tax-exempt organizations.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Identify, develop and secure new business for CABVI’s e-commerce site. Manages the growth and development of all non-BSC e-commerce business.
- Develop and maintain current customer relations in addition to identifying and obtaining new customers. Meet with 6- 12 customers per week. At least 3 of those weekly meetings will be with new/prospective customers.
- Handle all aspects of customer service regarding processing orders, processing special orders, invoicing completed orders, generating quotes, handling returns, researching lost shipments, resolving issues related to damaged products, and handling any other issues that may arise regarding our customers.
- Maintain competitive knowledge and focus of assigned market space, including Commercial, Federal, State, and Local government agencies in addition to Tax Exempt organizations.
- Develop and direct the sales efforts for new client acquisition and/or direct the efforts to ensure execution of sales strategies geared toward protecting and growing business with existing clients.
- Create and maintain accurate and complete records of business opportunities utilizing CABVI’s Customer Relationship Management suite. Provide weekly/monthly activity reports and sales opportunity reports/forecasts as required.
- Participate in tradeshows and other marketing events.
- Identify and suggest new products that could be sold to accounts based on knowledge and experience working with customers.
- Work in close cooperation with oversight groups, including National Industries for the Blind and New York State Preferred Source Program.
- Adapt to change and complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Must have strong working knowledge/experience of Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Must be knowledgeable regarding sales databases and spreadsheets. Working knowledge of laws and regulations of state and federal agencies including JWOD/AbilityOne and state use programs a plus.
Regularly required to stand and walk. Regularly required to sit for periods of time at computer terminal. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel or crawl. Occasionally required to lift at least 50 pounds. Frequently required to speak and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key job elements.
This position will require at least 60% of the time traveling to meet with customers. Noise level is moderate. Must be available for evenings or weekend agency related functions that may occur outside the agency.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four-year degree preferred with 1 to 5 years of prior business development and sales/marketing experience.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne