The Director of Training is responsible for the development and implementation of training programs to improve agency and individual performance and productivity. Additionally, this role functions as a liaison between training, subject-matter experts, and business units.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Collaborate with management to identify training needs through a needs analysis. Recommend appropriate training that align with the agency’s culture and strategic goals.
- Assist with career plan development and implementation for CABVI employees.
- Develop and implement effective training curriculums and refresher classes, based on employee needs in collaboration with internal and external subject-matter experts. Works to keep training programs vibrant and entertaining in order to engage employees.
- Develop monitoring systems to ensure that all employees are performing job responsibilities according to training. Tracks and maintains training metrics necessary with respect to the progress, performance, work habits and attendance of trainees.
- Develop a process for the logistics of training including scheduling, room reservation, registration, and scheduling of trainers.
- Adapts to change and completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable talking and presenting to a group. Must be able to write procedure manuals and have the ability to engage trainees in discussions during educational sessions.
Must be proficient Microsoft Office Suite and be willing to stay up-to-date with changing technology. Working knowledge of adaptive software preferred. Remain up-to-date with new techniques in corporate teaching. Knowledge of SharePoint a plus.
Must have ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in statistical form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Must have a willingness to explore different ways of reaching people and learn new techniques. Must maintain a strict adherence to CABVI’s mission statement. Excellent leadership and team building skills.
Regularly required to sit for periods of time at computer terminal. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel or crawl. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. Frequently required to speak and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key job elements.
In-house position. Travel required, as needed. Noise level is moderate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s in Business, Education or related field. Minimum of ten years proven experience in a training capacity. Formal training certificates or advance degree preferred. Proven track record of establishing training programs. Familiarity with Harvard Managementor System helpful.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne