Job Title: Computer Programmer
CABVI is seeking a Computer Programmer to participate in the development of custom software applications to support the core functions of the Agency. This position will also assist with the support of existing Agency applications as required.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Participate in development of new software applications.
- Collaborate with supervisor to determine programming objectives.
- Understand objectives, input and output requirements, and processes to achieve project goals.
- Design applications and modifications to achieve the highest level of user satisfaction and functionality.
- Write, test, debug, maintain, edit, and improve upon application code, including extensive tests and trial runs to confirm proper functionality and desired results.
- Comprehensively document projects, programming code, revisions, and updates.
- Provide supplemental program instructions and diagrams for code in layman’s terms.
- Evaluate programming tools and resources that will aid in the development of current and future projects.
- Adapts to change and completes all other duties as assigned.
Must have knowledge and competence in various programming languages, including HTML, PHP, C++, .NET, and SQL.
Regularly required to stand and walk. Regularly required to sit for periods of time at computer terminal. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel or crawl. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. Frequently required to speak and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key job elements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum Associates degree in related discipline. Additional IT/IS related qualifications and certifications a plus. A minimum of two years previous programming experience is required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne