CABVI is seeking a Compliance and Product Development Coordinator to monitor and identify procurement activities for existing and potential products by state, federal, and commercial customers to support CABVI’s employment objective.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Responsible for establishing Essentially the Same (ETS) database which identifies commercial products that CABVI products would meet the same fit, form, and function.
- Complete annual audit of ETS file for National Industries for the Blind (NIB).
- Monitor daily bids and solicitations for compliance of AbilityOne and New York State Preferred Source program in association with CABVI products.
- Identify new product opportunities through bid search activities and directs leads to associated Expeditors – Product Management.
- Establish consolidated metrics among all channels to tract ETS violations and successfully transition to CABVI product purchase. Provides report on metrics monthly to CI Program Manager.
- Work with NIB and NYSPSP oversight groups on the education and enforcement of ETS items and compliance of set aside programs.
- Assist with gathering market comparisons for new product addition and price increase documentation.
- Conduct analysis of current and previous customers to determine areas of growth and loss in order to promote compliance of existing products and opportunities to develop new products or line extensions.
- Assist with product development paperwork, including by not limited to costs analyses, technical data sheets, request for assignments, product feasibility-risk assessments forms, etc..
- Assist the Sales and Marketing department with administrative duties as assigned
- Fulfill ISO Standards and policies.
- Adapts to change and completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Should be able to get along well and build relationships with a variety of personality types in a variety of positions. Must be able to create and maintain relationships with customers and NYSPSP/NIB. Must be able to work independently, but also function well within a team and with direct supervision. Must be skillful in presenting information and responding to questions from a wide variety of constituencies including NYSPSP/NIB and customers. Must write effective objectives, proposals, plans, reports and general correspondence. Must have excellent listening skills and the ability to clearly articulate in all situations.
Computer competency required. Must be knowledgeable regarding databases and spreadsheets. Must have excellent mathematical skills and ability to interpret specifications. An understanding of laws and regulations for state and federal agencies including AbilityOne (JWOD) and state use programs a plus.
Regularly required to stand and walk. Regularly required to sit for periods of time at computer terminal. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop or kneel. Frequently required to speak and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key job elements.
In house position with travel as needed. Noise level is moderate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and at least two years of related experience. Knowledge of AbilityOne and NYS Preferred Source Program a plus.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne