CABVI is seeking a BSC Operations Manager to assist in identifying, purchasing, and securing products and supplies for Base Supply Centers and e-Commerce site and assists in the development of marketing strategies. Primarily responsible for all CounterPoint and e-Commerce site updates. Supervises the general operations and directs activities of BSC store managers and staff.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Assist VP of Operations with the selection of product lines for BSC Store(s) in compliance with military, NIB and the Committee for Purchase regulations. Devises and implements marketing and sales strategies.
- Assist VP of Operations with researching suppliers and negotiates with vendors for cost effectiveness; calculates retail prices and is aware of the competitive market.
- Assists store employees with developing product
displays and customer strategies to enhance sales. Works closely with other CABVI personnel on
advertising and marketing projects.
- Maintains contact, and strengthens relationships, with Base Personnel.
- Makes presentations and sales calls with store employees and independently.
- Assist VP of Operations in ensuring that inventory levels are maintained at quantities adequate to meet customer demands.
- Assist VP of Operations in monitoring sales, provides reports to the CFO, and ensures sound business practices are in place.
- Assists the VP of Operations in developing semi-annual meetings for store managers and CABVI senior leadership.
- Maintains and updates the POS database and the e-Commerce site.
- Monitors internet web site activities.
- Supervises all BSC department staff.
- Makes regular/monthly trips to the stores to inspect the store operations.
- Adapts to change and completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Must be skillful in presenting information through general correspondence when negotiating with vendors. Must write and implement effective objectives, proposals, plans, and reports. Must have excellent listening skills and the ability to clearly articulate in all situations.
Must be knowledgeable regarding POS applications, e-Commerce site, databases and spreadsheets. Must have excellent mathematical skills. Must understand laws and regulations of state and federal agencies including the JWOD and state use programs.
Regularly required to stand and walk. Regularly required to sit for periods of time at computer terminal. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel or crawl. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. Frequently required to speak and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key job elements.
In house position with frequent travel. Noise level is moderate. Must be available for evening or weekend agency related functions that may be outside of agency.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Undergraduate preferred or minimum of Associate degree plus five years of purchasing experience. CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne