CABVI is seeking Warehouse Operations Coordinator to work closely with the Manager of Warehouse Operations by implementing best practices in the warehouse and assisting the warehouse team in item processing, packing, and pulling items for delivery.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Drive and lead warehouse team in improving daily performance and quality of shipments in a safe manner. Identify operational issues and partner with managers and employees to implement solutions. Motivate warehouse associates to be efficient, productive and promote a happy work environment.
- Work with the warehouse management team on daily operational staff assignments to reduce overtime cost.
- Work with shipping clerks in reconciling the open order report to the backorder file on a daily basis. Assign the backorders to warehouse workers to ship out.
- Work together with the quality control team to submit documents and resolve any matters associated with warehouse functions.
- Work with the inventory systems manager to accurately identify, count and record physical inventories. Assist in monthly cycle counts, as needed, Ensure we are following the correct production rotation utilizing the FIFO system.
- Support warehouse manager with training and guidance in developing WWI and WWII employees.
- Backup coverage for the warehouse logistics coordinator and shipping clerk, as needed.
- Identify and coordinate the shipments of NYCT chemical shipments based on order requirements (i.e. tested samples, dating, etc.).
- Adapts to change and completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Lead person for assigned areas with the ability to motivate, spread positivity and lead a diverse work force. Must be a strong collaborator and willing to drive change cross functionally.
Must be willing to learn new technology and be familiar with inventory transaction processes. Must have strong computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Excel and Word. Must be able to perform WWI and WWI job duties. Must be able to become a forklift trainer for CABVI.
Regularly required to stand, sit and walk. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key job elements.
In house position with minimal travel. Unheated warehouse environment. Noise level is moderate to loud. Must be available for evening or weekend work.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school graduate with a minimum of five years of experience in warehouse operations or logistics required. Must be forklift certified. Must have proven leadership and conflict resolution experience.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne