CABVI is looking for a Staff Accountant to provide support to Business Office department activities with specific responsibility for the processing, recording, updating, and reconciling of accounting information in compliance with established policies and incorporating review and analysis into all aspects of job elements..
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
· Prepare monthly journal entries with appropriate backup for entry into software.
· Participate in the month-end close process.
· Maintain various mission-driven reconciliation requirements including but not limited to restricted funds, unrestricted funds, and special events.
· Prepare monthly recurring income and expense entry. Review and adjust during the month in preparation for the month end.
· Maintain and reconcile prepaid expenses, prepaid insurance, prepaid workers comp and various other general ledger reconciliations throughout the month.
· Prepare depreciation entry in advance of month end and maintain the depreciation schedule and summary of capital purchases.
· Perform monthly bank reconciliations for many accounts. Record and reconcile interest earned, fees, automatic transactions and cash flows as needed.
· Collect and compile all expenses paid by credit card (Bank of America, AMEX, M&T, Capital One). Review and enter all credit card expenses into appropriate spreadsheet. Prepare statement and backup for payment and entry into software. Make payments as needed, following approval.
· Update spreadsheets and prepare various monthly statements of expenses (such as Lowe’s) for entry into software and payment. Make payments as needed, following approval.
· Extract daily reports for Base Stores from external software and update monthly spreadsheets of Sales and COGS. Review the profit percentages for any concerns.
· Extract weekly purchases through Amazon and Essendant for the Base Stores and provide lists to AP to verify that product has been received. Reconcile to the monthly statements and prepare for entry.
· Complete various tax filings, tax exempt certificates, 1099 reporting and insurance requests.
· Assist with compiling annual budget information and entering it into software.
· Provide back up for accounts payable, cash receipts and billing.
· Work with the accounting team to manage data consolidation and reporting, ensuring reliability, consistency, and transparency.
· Adapt to change and complete all other duties as assigned.
· Consistently achieves annual performance objectives.
· Effectively communicate with employees and maintain a positive working relationship when addressing problems and coming up with solutions. Work as part of the team to improve processes, efficiencies, communication, and promote resolutions so the agency can pursue its mission.
Must have excellent listening skills and the ability to effectively respond to a variety of customer service demands. Must have ability to effectively communicate and obtain information from
Must have experience with databases, spreadsheets, and word processing, and be willing to stay up to date with changing technology. Must have excellent statistical and mathematical skills. Must be willing to learn new technology.
90% of job requires sitting and performing clerical duties. Occasionally required to stand, walk, and hear. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and stoop or kneel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key job elements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science degree in accounting required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 5 years of related experience required.
To apply to this position please fill out our job application form, equal employment opportunity form, and upload your resume by clicking the link below:
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.