CABVI is seeking a Senior Accountant to provide support to the Controller and for various Business Office accounting activities with responsibility for recording, processing, reviewing, updating, reconciling, and analyzing accounting information in compliance with established policies and procedures including GAAP and FASB.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Prepare various monthly journal entries with appropriate backup for entry into software for completing monthly financial statements.
- Set up and print monthly statements as requested.
- Maintain various reports in Excel spreadsheets for various accounts.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Perform various monthly/quarterly G/L account reconciliations.
- Complete month end processing in software
- Print daily reports of credit card activity for the Base Supply Centers on weekly basis to give to BSC Accounting Coordinator to compile back up data for monthly statement.
- Attention to detail. Must be goal oriented and consistently meet deadlines.
- Assist with compiling annual budget information for entry into software.
- Assist with annual audit and annual filings.
- Provide backup for other accounting duties.
- Provide backup for Business Office Manager as needed.
- Become familiar with all functions of accounting at CABVI.
- Adapt to change and completes all other duties/reports as assigned.
Must have excellent listening skills and the ability to respond effectively to a variety of customer service demands. Must have ability to effectively communicate and obtain information from staff. Must have excellent listening skills.
Must have experience with databases, spreadsheets and word processing, and be willing to stay up-to-date with changing technology. Must have excellent statistical and mathematical skills. Must understand financial statements. Must have working knowledge of and experience with general ledger accounts and more intermediate topics such as accounting processes, the measurement and report of assets, liabilities and equity, budgeting, account analysis and accrual-based accounting. Must have the ability to take on new tasks with high levels of difficulty and minimum supervision.
90% of job requires sitting and performing clerical duties. Occasionally required to stand, walk and hear. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and stoop or kneel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key job elements.
In-house position. Noise level is moderate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting required. Minimum of 10 years of experience in various aspects of accounting preferred. Not for profit experience and supervisory experience preferred.
To apply to this position please fill out our job application form, equal employment opportunity form, and upload your resume by clicking the link below:
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.