CABVI is seeking a Case Manager I to provide information on CABVI services and rehabilitation teaching to enable consumers who are blind and visually impaired to achieve their highest level of functioning.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Direct case management for consumers, secures appropriate funding sources, coordinates all rehab services and ensures quality outcome is successfully met.
- Perform social services duties including intake, referral, case management and consumer advocacy.
- Consult, refer and network with primary care givers and associated professionals. Assists in conducting presentations and represents CABVI in the community as assigned.
- Provide low vision follow up to ensure proper utilization of optical equipment.
- Develop weekly schedule to maximize efficiency. Completes all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate and provide effective teamwork to ensure the comprehensive needs of all consumers are met.
- Assist with group residential programs that include camp, ASR activities and therapy programs.
- Adapts to change and completes other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from consumers, professionals and the general public. Must have ability to address correspondence and emails. Must be able to provide visual cues to consumer’s visual status. Must have excellent listening skills.
Basic knowledge of computer systems and office software. Must have a good knowledge regarding low vision aids and adaptive equipment.
Frequently required to talk or hear. Occasionally must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform key job elements.
Extensive travel required. Instruction may occur in a variety of environments including consumer’s home or school, CABVI and/or the community.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field, plus experience in volunteer, intern or paid capacity in human service field. Must meet NYSCB contractual requirements.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne