CABVI is seeking a Public Relations and Communications Assistant to provide support to the Public Relations department team members. This position will assist with graphic design, photography, event planning, social media, website updates, writing and content creation, Vehicles for Vision, C.A.B. Foundation and CNY Vision Foundation, as well as other duties as assigned.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Assist in design, layout, revise, edit and produce various publications including but not limited to the agency newsletter, employee newsletter, and the annual report.
- Assist in designing artwork for agency projects, signs, flyers, brochures, posters, billboards, logos, exhibits/displays and illustrations.
- Assist with special event planning.
- Support program/service marketing and public relations efforts through research and analysis.
- Assist with updating CABVI’s website.
- Assist with social media content on the following platforms: LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Manage the CABVI volunteer program.
- Responsible for updates to the agency intranet pages.
- Interface with CABVI department managers, supervisors, and other staff to address their communications needs and promotional requirements.
- Assist with designing mass-mail materials for agency fundraising campaigns and events
- Assist department members in their relationships with CABVI’s boards of directors, councils, committees and program work groups as needed.
- Adapts to change and completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Must be skilled in presenting information and responding to questions from a variety of constituencies including vendors and customers. Must write effective objectives, proposals, plans, reports and general correspondence. Must have excellent listening skills and the ability to clearly articulate in all situations. Experience in professional writing or field related to writing and graphic design required. Must be able to work and cooperate on all levels as a team member.
Must be knowledgeable regarding databases and spreadsheets and have excellent mathematical skills and ability to interpret specifications. Must be highly creative, detail oriented, accurate, organized, analytical, flexible and able to meet deadlines. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud preferred. Photography/videography knowledge is a plus. Must be willing to learn new technology.
Regularly required to stand and walk. Regularly required to sit for periods of time at a computer terminal. Occasionally required to reach with hands/arms, stoop, kneel or crawl. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, and ability to focus. Frequently required to speak and hear. Must be able to carry up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform key job elements.
Challenging and fast paced agency in multiple locations that employs an integration of legally blind, visually impaired, hearing impaired, and sighted people of a diverse and multi-cultured background. Some travel may be required as needed. Must be available for evening or weekend agency related functions as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree required / Bachelor Degree preferred in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Marketing or related field. Minimum of two years’ professional experience in graphic design, public relations or marketing.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne