CABVI is seeking an IT Network Technician to install, support, and troubleshoot networks, workstations, and other systems in use by the agency while maintaining the best possible reliability, security, and protection of agency data.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Server and Workstation troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance.
- Assist in systems implementation.
- Install and maintain software and its associated updates approved by department head.
- Maintain documentation on systems, networks and other technologies in use by CABVI.
- Ensure that servers provided are reliable to users and end devices.
- Effectively troubleshoot issues such as connectivity, performance, and reliability to ensure the proper configuration.
- Ensure physical installation and configuration of new network hardware, which may include switches, routers, servers, storage, wireless devices, etc.
- Assist in applying updates and performing maintenance on network equipment.
- Occasionally assist with adaptive technology needs.
- Assist in maintenance of agency infrastructure.
- Stay up to date with new technologies.
- Adapts to change and completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret general periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures. Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Must have good interpersonal skills.
Must have expertise with all hardware and software being utilized by members of the agency. VPN, wiring topologies + standards and security best practices. Proven ability to work with Operating Systems technologies, Network technologies, and Hardware technologies. Must remain current in fields of networking.
50% of job requires sitting and using hands at computer terminal. 50% of job requires handling equipment. Frequently required to speak and listen. Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop or kneel. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform key job elements.
In-house position with some travel. Noise level is moderate to loud. Must be available for weekend and or evening work dependent upon emergencies or planned projects and or maintenance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field preferred. Minimum of a two year technical degree with three plus years relevant work experience. IT specific certifications a plus.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne