CABVI is seeking an IT Help Desk Technician to support and trouble shoot networks, workstations, and other systems in use by the agency while maintaining the best possible reliability, security, and protection of agency data and maintaining the highest level of user/customer satisfaction.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Provide first level contact and resolutions to issues from 200+ employees at 14 locations
- Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support
- Walk customers through problem solving process
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback, and see problems through resolution
- Utilize customer service skills to meet business goals, objectives, and end user needs
- Ensure proper recording, documentation, and closure for all issues
- Occasionally assist with adaptive technology needs and software
- Assists in design and layout of all agency Web Based applications
- Adapts to change and completes other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Preserve and grow your knowledge of help desk procedures, products, and services
- Must be able to keep a high level of confidentiality
Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret general periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures. Must be able to write reports and procedure manuals. Must be able to communicate project status and growing help desk trends to supervisor. Must have good interpersonal skills.
Must have sufficient knowledge as pertaining to key job elements of all hardware and software being utilized by members of the agency, which includes over 400 end-points and 10 major software packages. Must remain current in field.
50% of job requires sitting and using hands at computer terminal. 25% of job requires handling equipment. Frequently required to speak and listen. Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop or kneel. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform key job elements.
In‑house position with some travel. Noise level is moderate to loud. Must be available for weekend or evening work dependent upon emergencies or planned schedule.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree or equivalent education and/or certification computer/ networking field.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne