CABVI is seeking a Human Resources Assistant for our Syracuse, NY location to act as the liaison between HR and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of all queries. This position will support daily HR activities and assist in coordinating HR policies, processes, and relevant documents in our Syracuse facility.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Answers frequently asked questions from employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Conducts new employee HR orientation in Syracuse. Collect and review completed new hire paperwork to ensure all required documents have been submitted in a timely manner. Follow up on missing paperwork as needed.
- Conduct basic benefits review with employee in Syracuse. Collect benefit enrollment paperwork and forward to Utica for processing.
- Work closely with all CABVI department heads to coordinate temporary employment as needed throughout the Agency.
- Submit timesheets weekly for all temporary employees.
- Create the staff out-of-office list weekly
- Assist in employee relations counseling including workplace investigations and delivery of disciplinary actions.
- Assists managers with recruitment for all exempt and non-exempt personnel and temporary employees. HR representative for interviewing candidates in Syracuse.
- Treat all information in a confidential manner.
- Prepare correspondence as necessary.
- Adapts to change and completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Consistently achieves annual performance objectives.
Must be skillful in presenting information and responding to questions from a wide variety of constituencies. Must have excellent listening skills and the ability to clearly articulate. Must effectively interact with all staff and management.
Must have outstanding computer skills and ability to interpret a wide variety of reports and spreadsheets. Must be willing to learn new technology.
Frequently required to speak and hear. Regularly required to stand and walk. May sit for long periods. Will require typing on a computer keyboard. May require lifting up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the key job elements.
In house position with some travel. Noise level is moderate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of Associates degree in Human Resources, Business or a management related field with a minimum of three years’ experience working in the human resource discipline.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne