CABVI is seeking a Full-time Facilities Mechanic for our Syracuse location to coordinate and complete the maintenance of the CABVI buildings, grounds, machinery, and vehicles.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Troubleshoot, repair, and perform preventive maintenance on mechanical systems and equipment, including machines and material handling equipment
- Perform routine building maintenance and repair tasks. Such tasks include, but are not limited to: maintenance and remodeling tasks (e.g. carpentry, electrical, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and plumbing)
- Install and maintain production machines and plant facilities equipment
- Adapts workstations to enable blind employees to perform jobs more effectively
- Maintains work request log and completes work in a timely manner
- Supervises other Agency employees as requested by the supervisor
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains a clean and orderly work area
- General grounds maintenance as needed
- Loads & unloads trucks and containers by hand and pallet jacks and forklifts, as needed
- Janitorial duties to include cleaning restrooms, offices, and production areas. Strips, seals & waxes floors. Shampoos carpets as directed
- Completes other duties and /or special assignments as assigned by supervisor
- Consistently achieves annual performance objectives
Must be skillful in presenting information and responding to questions from vendors, customers, and Central Industry employees. Must have good listening skills and the ability to effectively communicate during difficult situations. Must be able to read and write in the English language.
Must be knowledgeable regarding OSHA regulations. Must be able to use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and climb. Frequently required to speak and hear. Regularly must lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 30 feet above the ground or floor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key job elements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Applicant should have an H.S. or equivalent education with 5 years of building and machine maintenance experience. A certification or license in a trade specialty area is preferred. Must maintain a valid NYS driver’s license. Forklift certification required.
This is an in-house position with occasional travel. The noise level is moderate to loud. Work will include inside and outside tasks in various temperatures, locations, and conditions. Must be available for weekend or evening work dependent upon shared security responsibilities and deadlines.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne