CABVI is seeking a Director of Plant Operations to direct the supervision of physical plant operations. This includes all buildings and grounds, utilities, energy management systems, safety systems/program, and security system/programs in order to provide a safe, healthy, and comfortable environment for CABVI staff. The individual in this position will be responsible for the scheduling and supervision of maintenance and repair activities, contracted services, custodial services, fleet management, and insuring the physical operation for CABVI to meet budgetary and strategic objectives.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Directs the supervision of departmental employees; responsible for hiring, completing performance evaluations, setting goals, scheduling, and approval of all disciplinary actions. Ensure staff receives training related to specific job tasks and responsibilities.
- Direct, schedule, and oversee external contractors (electricians, excavators, roofers, painters, landscapers, etc.).
- Responsible for safety, security, electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and ventilation services for all CABVI buildings.
- Develop and monitor department budget; orders equipment and supplies and monitors inventory; makes requests for capital outlay expenditures as needed.
- Responsible for facility security and safety to protect CABVI against theft, fire, and vandalism, as well as ensuring the safety of personnel and visitors while on or about the organization’s premises.
- Also responsible for adhering to OSHA safety standards and meeting physical ADA compliance standards. Is a member of our Corporate Risk Management Committee.
- Oversee site and building projects performed by outside contractors
- Evaluate the need for and arranges physical plant training sessions (OSHS, SDS, CDL licensing, and other job-related training).
- Oversee fleet vehicles maintenance activities; works with authorized dealers, contractors, vendors to secure equipment and vehicles; maintains warrantee, licenses, and registrations for all vehicles.
- Contribute to future planning by evaluating and projecting future facility needs and proposing options to achieve them. Develops, implements, and supervises preventative maintenance and renovation programs for buildings, grounds, mechanical and electrical, utility, and safety and security systems.
- Support employee events and activities, as needed
- Support the Base Supply Store operations, as needed
- Maintain Production Equipment for Central Industries
- Participate in ISO audits, as required.
- Oversee and run the safety committee, including regular meetings and audits.
- Adapt to change and completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Responsible for directing the daily supervision and training of Facilities Department staff. Strong leadership and team building capabilities with solid decision-making skills.
Strong listening skills; calculates the impact of one’s communication to get desired responses or actions; manage conflict-works toward consensus. Must be able to effectively communicate during difficult situations. Excellent oral and written communication skills including active listening skills. Strong employee engagement and interpersonal skills. Must interact with professionalism with contractors, vendors, and all internal departments and staff.
Knowledge of computer skills such as Microsoft Word or Outlook; must be able to use and maintain database. Must have the ability to learn and utilize Facilities Dude internal ticket and reporting program. Must embrace new technological additions from accounting, payroll, and information technology. Proficient in OSHA, safety mandates, human resources policy requirements, and mandated professional certifications. Must be knowledgeable with various HVAC systems, gas fired boilers, Geo Thermal Systems.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
Regularly required to stand and walk. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel or crawl. Occasionally may lift up to 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key job elements. Regularly engaged in conversations with employees and will be constantly interrupted with a litany of topics and issues that requires social interaction at a high level. Must embrace the agency open door policy.
Challenging and fast-paced agency in multiple locations that employs an integration of legally blind, visually impaired, hearing impaired, and sighted people of a diverse and multi-cultured background. In house position with regular travel to satellite manufacturing in Utica and Syracuse, as well as BSC operations in other states. Noise level is moderate to loud.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering is preferred, or job related experience with International Facility Management Association (IFMA) Certification or experience commensurate to that acquired through 8-10 years qualifying experience. Proven ability to mentor and train supervisory staff required.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne