CABVI is seeking a Business Office Manager to Manage various activities in the Business Office including supervising A/R, A/P, BSC accounting transactions and daily bank activities.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Supervise A/R personnel, A/P personnel, and Business Office Assistant. Coordinate training, provide support, update job descriptions and conduct performance evaluations fairly and timely.
- Review coding of cash receipts with appropriate customer identifying information.
- Review and assist with cash flow process for deposits and routine billings.
- Monitor the agency’s cash flow daily for any necessary transfers.
- Update pension related information and reports, and loan payments to empower website. Provide assistance and backup for pension audits.
- Review Low Vision medical billing outstanding balances and ensure timely resolutions.
- Work with AP to develop, maintain and complete checklists for the entry and payment of routine invoices. Communicate with the accounting team any expenses that need to be accrued.
- Conduct reviews of the AR Aging schedule to identify trends and late payment issues. Ensure AR accounts are accurate and correct them as needed.
- Identify and resolve customer/vendor account discrepancies, producing reports to drive informed financial decisions. Serve as a subject matter expert for the AP and AR functions, accounting system modules and policies.
- Ensure the AP and AR Aging reports match their general ledger balances monthly. Research and resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Provide reports as requested regarding AP and AR Aging’s.
- Act as point of contact for staff regarding AP/AR issues, processes, policies and procedures.
- Fill in for other business office staff, as needed.
- Promote and maintain a strong internal controls environment.
- Create and maintain work instruction documentation. Work with team to ensure development of work instructions for all supervised roles within the business office.
- Assist in interim and annual audits by preparing and organizing pertinent financial documentation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer system.
- Effectively communicate with employees and maintain a positive working relationship when addressing problems and coming up with solutions. Work as part of the team to improve processes, efficiencies, communication, and promote resolutions so the agency can pursue its mission.
- Adapt to change and completes all other duties as assigned.
- Consistently achieve annual performance objectives.
Must have excellent listening skills and the ability to effectively respond to a variety of customer service demands. Must have ability to effectively communicate and obtain information from staff. Must have excellent listening skills.
Must have good mathematical skills. Must have good adding machine, typing and data entry skills. Also requires excellent computer skills. Must be willing to learn new technology.
90% of job requires sitting and performing clerical duties. Occasionally required to stand, walk and hear. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and stoop or kneel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key job elements.
In-house position. Noise level is moderate
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of Associate degree in Accounting required. Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred. Minimum of five years of accounting and supervisory experience required.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.