CABVI is seeking a BSC Customer Service and Retail Sales Associate II to assist in the day-to-day operations of the Base Supply Center (BSC) store. This includes the day-to-day decision making process and the ability to manage the store during manager’s absence.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Assists in all aspects of store operation. Lead and supervise team members
- Solves problems as they arise with customers. Maintains beneficial professional relationships with Base personnel to encourage sales
- Designs product displays and signage to enhance sales, and monitors store competitiveness with the local community. Identifies new products by interacting with customers and end users
- Ensures store is kept clean, safe, properly stocked and inviting to customers
- Receives inbound stock, noting correctness and condition
- Makes sales calls to on- and off-base organizations to increase sales
- Works closely with CABVI point of contact to resolve issues
- Adapts to change and completes other duties as assigned by supervisor
Must be able to lead and supervise other BSC team members. Able to manage the store during times of Manager’s absence.
Must be skillful in presenting information and responding to questions from vendors, customers, and CABVI employees. Must have good listening skills and ability to effectively communicate during difficult situations.
Must be proficient in use of point of sale system, inventory control and bar coding requirements. Must be able to analyze sales related data and respond accordingly.
Regularly required to stand and walk. Frequently required to speak and hear. Frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel or crawl. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. Regularly must move or lift up to 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key job elements.
In house position with occasional travel. Noise level is moderate to loud. Must be available for weekend or evening work dependent upon customer needs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent. Retail or military experience a plus.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne