CABVI is seeking a part-time Assistant Grant Writer to identify and conduct research, preparation, and submission of grant proposals to local, state, federal and private funders. This position will also manage the grant development and proposal process and foster professional working relationships with private and public funder contacts and monitors as a representative of CABVI.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Conduct prospect research to identify new funding opportunities that align with CABVI’s mission, initiatives, and programs. Review grant application guidelines to determine if the opportunity is a good fit for CABVI and inform management of research activity.
- In cooperation with VP of Development & Communication, write grants for federal and state government agencies, public/private foundations, and other funding sources where applicable.
- Monitor and track submitted, pending and on-going proposals. Interact with funding organizations regarding status of grant applications.
- Maintain complete records of past and current proposals.
- Build positive relationships with existing and potential funding sources.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by governmental agencies and grant donors.
- Adapts to change and completes other duties as assigned.
Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and calendaring software. Must have excellent data entry skills and experience with databases, spreadsheets and word processing software. Must be willing to learn new technology. Must have excellent attention to details.
Regularly required to stand and walk. Regularly required to sit for periods of time at a computer terminal. Occasionally required to reach with hands/arms, stoop, kneel or crawl. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, and ability to focus. Frequently required to speak and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform key job elements.
In house position with occasional travel. Noise level is moderate. Must be available for evening or weekend agency related functions that may be outside of the agency.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in communications, English, professional writing or a similar major. Must have a minimum of five years’ experience in grant writing. Experience with Electronic Handbooks preferred. Bilingual preferred but not required
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates please send completed resumes and applications to:
507 Kent Street
Utica, NY 13501
Attention: Julie Byrne