Personal Information is information that identifies you personally:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Tax identification information
We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you provide. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information.
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question. We may then collect your name, address and email in order to respond to that inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone or by mailing in a check.
- If you are donating a vehicle or some property CABVI or the C.A.B. Foundation, Inc. may require your tax identification number or social security number. This information is collected only for legal or tax purposes and is given the highest priority of security.
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by CABVI. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- CABVI will not sell, trade, or share your personal information, collected on the website or through any other business activities with anyone else.
- CABVI will not send mailings to you on behalf of other organizations.
- CABVI will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- CABVI will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- CABVI will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing at Director of Development, 507 Kent St., Utica, NY 13501.