Vision loss for people in Upstate NY can have a significant impact on one’s life and common reactions include frustration, anger, resentment, depression and grief.
It can affect one’s self image, relationships with family and friends, social and work life and overall independence. Adjusting to the loss is an ongoing process. CABVI’s social work services can help.
Available services in Upstate NY include:
- Individual and group counseling
- Family therapy
- Benefit counseling as it relates to SSI and SSDI
- Community Linkages
- Referrals to other organizations and programs
Other CABVI services for people who are blind & visually impaired in Upstate NY include:
- How to Access Services?
- Low Vision Care
- Vision Rehabilitation Therapy
- Orientation & Mobility
- Adjusting to Vision Loss
- Children’s Services
- Pre-School Vision Screenings
- Technology Services
- Products for People Who Are Visually Impaired
- Visual Impairment Aids
- Free Services for People Who Are Blind
- Reading Service for People Who Are Blind
The following are some of the areas we serve in Central New York:
Herkimer, New York