Camp Abilities in Motion provides physical literacy education to children, parents, and families through the introduction and development of both fine and gross motor skills while moving toward adaptive sports skill acquisition. Children with visual impairments between the ages of birth to age 10 are provided with individual instructional programs, day camps, and an intensive educational family weekend during the summer.
The goal of Camp Abilities in Motion is to serve as a prerequisite to Camp Abilities, which serves children from ages 8-18. We recognize the importance of engaging children with visual impairments as early in life as possible and providing them with the opportunity to acquire the same physical skills and educational opportunities as their sighted peers during the developmental period.
In total, there will be five Camp Abilities in Motion that span across New York State.
- Bronx – December 2nd, 2017 (check out the photos on our Facebook)
- Long Island Region – September 30th, 2018 (check out the photos on our Facebook)
- Syracuse Region – December 1st, 2018 (check out the photos on our Facebook)
- Watertown Region – December 8th, 2018
- Saratoga Region – December 27th, 2018
If you would like to learn more about Camp Abilities in Motion, contact Kathy Beaver at (315) 797-2233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.